Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cajun Crab Pasta....what more can you ask for?!

Here's one of my personal favorites.....my in-laws have totally converted me into a blue crab fiend and this is a great way of combining my love of pasta and my new love of crabmeat.

Cajun Crab Pasta

4 oz linguine pasta
8 oz lump crabmeat
1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
2 tbsp butter
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta as directed, until al dente; drain.

Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, saute crabmeat and Old Bay for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in heavy cream. Season with the remaining ingredients except the Parmesan. Heat through.

In a large bowl, toss the linguinin with the sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.

No comments: